Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stained Fingers on Thursday - A Review of Noodler's Van Gogh Starry Night Ink

Noodler's Van Gogh Starry Night was an ink, which was specially created to be sold to members of The Fountain Pen Network forum. I received a sample of this ink in a swap with another member, and I could not wait to try it. A few weeks ago, I posted about having a Jinhao #159's nib ground to a custom medium stub. I thought this ink would be the perfect coupling for that pen. As can be seen from the edges of the paper, I got a bit carried away in my swabbing. The water test was performed with a wet Q-tip, and, as you can see from the sheet, rubbing at the ink with the water only served to diffuse a bit of it. I am under the impression that this ink is not bulletproof and only partially waterproof. My apologies for the color mix-up in the review, itself.


This review was scanned at 600dpi on an HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z.
Note: Because these scans are done with a light emitting printer, actual colors will, more likely than not, be slightly darker than they may appear, here. The colors shown, here, are probably a bit more reminiscent of what the ink would be like under a bright light or if it were held up and viewed with a light behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment